I suggest you ...

Support unit testing frameworks

It'd be great to be able to use this for unit tests. Specifically, I think support for NUnit and XUnit would be very useful.

147 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kaleb Pederson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that a new project type would be great. I tried to run the unit tests via Xunit.Runner.Utility, but was not able to get it to work. I feel that even if I could get a workaround, it would be too complicated for much benefit.

• Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a fiddle, I think it is enough to have test and code in the same window.
    Just like the Main function now, but with a test framework class and a succeeding test in the template instead.

• Andrew Osiname commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sort of got NUnit working in that if the test passes, you get nothing back - else you get the error!

• Kaleb Pederson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My main concern was the ability to drop in tests and code in the same file and then run them and get some sort of results. I hadn't considered splitting up the code and tests, although that would make it nice and clean. Overall, that recommendation sounds excellent.

• dbass1980 . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much agree. Great to demo this in lunch and learns etc and just drop some test code in, get a red build then flesh out your test method.

Feedback and Knowledge Base